Monday, May 24, 2010

Life in 3D




So my girls had their first 3D experience.

Shrek -- The Final Chapter.

They. Loved. It.

I. Loved. It.

The big seats at Rave folded around their tiny bodies. The big glasses overtook their faces. The floating objects made them weave and bob like Larry Holmes in a fresh round.

And all I did was watch as Shrek experiences his epiphany, one which made me cry. Not once. Not twice. But three times. Three times I wept over the tale of a green ogre. Frustration and monotony caused him to forget the importance of children, of family, of friends. The message, rather simple, hit not only me, but others taller than four feet, I'm certain.

My girls, however, were not as perceptive. They were just thrilled to sit in their own row, with their own snacks, with their Waldo glasses. And I was thrilled to just watch them in the process.

At the risk of being cliche, the experience was priceless.

No comments: